Between our busy lives with career and family, automotive maintenance is often the last thing on our mind. But putting off car care can cost you a lot of money and time in the long run. When you have regular preventative auto maintenance done on your vehicle, you’ll drive more safely and confidently. Most maintenance services are low-cost and don’t take up much of your time. If you’ve been putting off maintenance for your vehicle, take a closer look at some things your mechanic should check out.
Auto Maintenance Procedures
Before you take your car to the mechanic, make sure that you create a vehicle service schedule. This will keep you on track and ensure that you bring your car in whenever it’s time for an updated service to be performed. Your owner’s manual should have some recommendations for various services, or your mechanic can help you create a schedule based on your unique make and model. Whichever way you go, there are a few key procedures that should be performed when it comes to good car maintenance:
- Fluid checks: from motor oil to brake and transmission fluid, have these levels checked and topped off as needed. You should also check things like your windshield washer fluid and coolant.
- Brakes: probably the most important part of any car, it’s essential to have your brakes inspected regularly. Ask your mechanic to check the brake linings, drums, and rotors to ensure they’re all in good condition. You can have this done whenever you go to get an oil change.
- Tire checks: keep a close eye on your tire air pressure and tread. Uneven tire wear usually indicates that you need an alignment. Be on the lookout for any bald spots and bulges in your tires, too.
- Belts and hoses: over time, these parts can wear out or become brittle and frayed. Make sure all belts and hoses are in good working condition.
- Heating and AC: whether it’s hot or cold, you need your air conditioning system to work. Regular checks of this system will ensure you stay comfortable no matter what season it is.
- Wipers and lights: make sure your windshield wipers look good and work correctly as well as your headlights, taillights, and brake lights. These components keep you safe and help you see clearly. They also ensure that other people on the road can see your vehicle.
For all your Warwick auto maintenance and repair needs, contact Primary Care Auto Repair in Warwick, RI to schedule an appointment today!